Why appears this error?
Why appears this error?
Please attach the screen shot once again, I do not see it. Also explain in details when this issue happens.
I just work in Themler on a live site and this error appears. After I restart even browser and error is still here (the site works, but when I open the theme redactor appears that). It passes after few hours.I just work in Themler on a live site and this error appears. After I restart even browser and error is still here (the site works, but when I open the theme redactor appears that). It passes after few hours.
That is strange a bit. Usually it is related to some server issues, but there are no issues from our side now. Probably it is something with your server, also site plug-ins, anti virus applications and browser extensions may be causing the issue.
The error has been popping up several times this morning - November 8, 2017 - since just after 07:00 PST when I began editing my design.
I've logged out of the site, logged in again, and still get the error.
It's inconsistent, but different than what vialii.reznic described. This is an error that pops up while editing within Themler - Server Error
So that's not something from "my" server. It's obvious that it's the Themler server.
It does not stop me from saving, or making changes. But it keeps popping up while I'm in the midst of editing a template.
It's not something I can reproduce by certain actions. It pops up randomly.
Please look into the issue, if you would.
The issue is fixed, please try now.
I don't get the error, but I'm having a HORRIBLE time getting Themler to respond well. I've been making changes, refreshing, and "hoping" that things are appearing as I've been designing.
Just now I tried to replace an image. Nothing appears but the blue line outlining where the image "should" appear. When I check Image > Image Style > Image, the image appears. But I can't change the size, position or repeat.
I refresh several times and that changes nothing. I've been having a LOT of issues with trying to make changes today. There are times when things are going smoothly. Then suddenly, none of the changes I make are appearing - or making the appropriate changes in the template.
As I mentioned, the image I was trying to replace is a 1440 x 900 image in the top of the template. The "only" method I could use to replace the image was to delete it from the side menu under "Outline". I wanted to use the "Add Control" for that container, but that was impossible (things seem to work much better using "Add Control" than "Insert"). So I have to use the "Insert > Image" and mess with everything else.
Whatever issues I'm having seem to be related to the server error. I was working on the same template yesterday, and all week in fact. Today, from the beginning of the day, through now, I'm frustrated with having to simply shut down, walk away, and come back to see "if" Themler is going to respond correctly.
[NOTE: I looked in the Joomla "Article" (where this template is assigned) and saw that the code has been removed where the image would have appeared. The header is also removed. The code begins from what you "can" see in the template through Themler or in the browser. And yes, I've been designing with Chrome, but have checked in both Firefox and Chrome. I'm importing a template that was "most" of what I need that I had created when Joomla was updated to 3.9.0 and Themler was not prepared for the update.]
What should have taken a couple of hours to finish up the template today has been more than 5 hours and is now - possibly - going to be the end of the day and I won't have been able to complete the changes.
I attached a couple of images so you can see the sorts of issues I'm experiencing.
Notice that the image is in a container, and Themler shows the image - as part of the background. It's not added as a background. It's added as an image in a container.
The image is set to 100% wide by auto high - responsive settings. Yet, the only reason you can see as much of the image as in my example is because I pulled the blue border. No matter the width I set, height, nothing works to make the image appear as is should.
This morning, I had the image responding exactly as I set it to appear. The only difference that "I" made with that image was to change to an image of the same dimensions, but slightly different content. For all intents and purposes, I replaced the image with the same image. Now, Themler won't size or respond correctly.
Thank you for checking in with me.
Last edited 08 November 2018 by tmgarrison
Indeed, it sounds really weird and should be really disappointing. Possible reasons can be caching, some third-party CMS plugins interfering with the theme, browser add-ons, antivirus and firewall or similar programs that influence the connection to servers. Also there can be some issues on your hosting server side.
We would recommend in this relation also to clear browser cache, AppCache and CMS cache and see if Themler responds better. Then if not, try to exclude oter possible causes.
The issue with the picture can be related to this or not, it can be also positioning that makes it hard to edit or replace the image. You may wish creating a new private topic and provide temporary access to your website so that we could check it.