Joomla 4 support is available in Beta

Support Team
Support Team posted this 3 weeks ago

Good news! We have added support for Joomla 4 in Beta mode. To try Themler for Joomla 4, please follow the steps below:

  1. Download the default Themler theme for Joomla 4.

  2. Install it in your Joomla from Joomla admin >> Install >> Extensions.

joomla4-1.png

3. Go to System >> Templates >> Site Template Styles and activate the theme by clicking the star next to the theme name.

joomla4-2.png

  1. Click on the template name there (untitled) and click on the "Edit Template" button.

joomla4-3.png

Please note that Joomla 4 support is in Beta and thus minor issues are possible.

Note: Once the theme is loaded, you may need to update it to the latest Themler Beta version available, by clicking on "Updates (1)" notification* on the top. Please enable Beta update notifications in your Profile for this.
If there is no notification, you have the latest version - currently it is v.544.

Good news! We have added support for Joomla 4 in Beta mode. To try Themler for Joomla 4, please follow the steps below: 1. [Download][1] the default Themler theme for Joomla 4. 2. Install it in your Joomla from **Joomla admin** >> **Install** >> **Extensions**. !joomla4-1.png! 3. Go to **System** >> **Templates** >> **Site Template Styles** and activate the theme by clicking the star next to the theme name. !joomla4-2.png! 4. Click on the template name there (*untitled*) and click on the "Edit Template" button. !joomla4-3.png! Please note that Joomla 4 support is in Beta and thus minor issues are possible. Note: Once the theme is loaded, you may need to update it to the latest Themler Beta version available, by clicking on **"Updates (1)"** notification* on the top. Please enable Beta update notifications in your Profile for this. If there is no notification, you have the latest version - currently it is v.544. [1]: https://themler.io/Download/Joomla4

Last edited 3 weeks ago by Support Team

Vote to pay developers attention to this features or issue.
35 Comments
Order By: Standard | Newest
DaveOzric
933 Posts
DaveOzric posted this 6 hours ago

The new product I use for Joomla sites works on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. No redoing templates for every site.

The new product I use for Joomla sites works on both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. No redoing templates for every site.
Виктор
96 Posts
Виктор posted this 4 days ago

Поддерживаю!

Поддерживаю!
matrix630307
118 Posts
matrix630307 posted this 5 days ago

i have created this:
Hope dies last ...
https://answers.themler.io/questions/213084/made-joomla-4-readyness-who-would-pay-for-it

voted please

i have created this: Hope dies last ... https://answers.themler.io/questions/213084/made-joomla-4-readyness-who-would-pay-for-it voted please
matrix630307
118 Posts
matrix630307 posted this 5 days ago

I too!

:)

> I too! :)
pdg.design
182 Posts
pdg.design posted this 5 days ago

I too!

I too!
CATSS
12 Posts
CATSS posted this 5 days ago

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates.
However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes):
- organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip
- there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling

Sincerely,
Nettie

I am appalled!

My agency has created over 50 websites with Joomla 3 and Themler - each one individually.
I can't afford to manually rebuild every website one by one, should it work at all. No customer would pay there either!
A solution has to be found!
As I said, I would contribute to the costs and I've read that others would too.
Don't let us hang! We trust in Themler.

Best regards Thorsten
[Werbeagentur Schulz-Design][1]

[1]: http://www.schulzdesign.info/webdesign-hannover

hi advertising agency Schulz-Design (...and all other Themler users)
This is all to say: "Don't let us hang"!
I have also already written that I am willing to pay something for the development (outside of the subscription price).
Should a "vote" be created here so that we Themlers can express our readiness?

**Werbeagentur Schulz-Design **
We too! Don't let us hang!

> > > Hello, > > > > > > Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates. > > > However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes): > > > - organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip > > > - there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling > > > > > > Sincerely, > > > Nettie > > > > I am appalled! > > > > My agency has created over 50 websites with Joomla 3 and Themler - each one individually. > > I can't afford to manually rebuild every website one by one, should it work at all. No customer would pay there either! > > A solution has to be found! > > As I said, I would contribute to the costs and I've read that others would too. > > Don't let us hang! We trust in Themler. > > > > Best regards Thorsten > > [Werbeagentur Schulz-Design][1] > > > > > > [1]: http://www.schulzdesign.info/webdesign-hannover > > hi advertising agency Schulz-Design (...and all other Themler users) > This is all to say: "Don't let us hang"! > I have also already written that I am willing to pay something for the development (outside of the subscription price). > Should a "vote" be created here so that we Themlers can express our readiness? **Werbeagentur Schulz-Design ** We too! Don't let us hang!
matrix630307
118 Posts
matrix630307 posted this 5 days ago

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates.
However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes):
- organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip
- there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling

Sincerely,
Nettie

I am appalled!

My agency has created over 50 websites with Joomla 3 and Themler - each one individually.
I can't afford to manually rebuild every website one by one, should it work at all. No customer would pay there either!
A solution has to be found!
As I said, I would contribute to the costs and I've read that others would too.
Don't let us hang! We trust in Themler.

Best regards Thorsten
[Werbeagentur Schulz-Design][1]

[1]: http://www.schulzdesign.info/webdesign-hannover

hi advertising agency Schulz-Design (...and all other Themler users)
This is all to say: "Don't let us hang"!
I have also already written that I am willing to pay something for the development (outside of the subscription price).
Should a "vote" be created here so that we Themlers can express our readiness?

> > Hello, > > > > Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates. > > However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes): > > - organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip > > - there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling > > > > Sincerely, > > Nettie > > I am appalled! > > My agency has created over 50 websites with Joomla 3 and Themler - each one individually. > I can't afford to manually rebuild every website one by one, should it work at all. No customer would pay there either! > A solution has to be found! > As I said, I would contribute to the costs and I've read that others would too. > Don't let us hang! We trust in Themler. > > Best regards Thorsten > [Werbeagentur Schulz-Design][1] > > > [1]: http://www.schulzdesign.info/webdesign-hannover hi advertising agency Schulz-Design (...and all other Themler users) This is all to say: "Don't let us hang"! I have also already written that I am willing to pay something for the development (outside of the subscription price). Should a "vote" be created here so that we Themlers can express our readiness?
pdg.design
182 Posts
pdg.design posted this 5 days ago

**Werbeagentur Schulz-Design **
I too!

**Werbeagentur Schulz-Design ** I too!
Werbeagentur Schulz-Design
42 Posts
Werbeagentur Schulz-Design posted this 5 days ago

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates.
However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes):
- organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip
- there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling

Sincerely,
Nettie

I am appalled!

My agency has created over 50 websites with Joomla 3 and Themler - each one individually.
I can't afford to manually rebuild every website one by one, should it work at all. No customer would pay there either!
A solution has to be found!
As I said, I would contribute to the costs and I've read that others would too.
Don't let us hang! We trust in Themler.

Best regards Thorsten
Werbeagentur Schulz-Design

> Hello, > > Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates. > However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes): > - organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip > - there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling > > Sincerely, > Nettie I am appalled! My agency has created over 50 websites with Joomla 3 and Themler - each one individually. I can't afford to manually rebuild every website one by one, should it work at all. No customer would pay there either! A solution has to be found! As I said, I would contribute to the costs and I've read that others would too. Don't let us hang! We trust in Themler. Best regards Thorsten [Werbeagentur Schulz-Design][1] [1]: http://www.schulzdesign.info/webdesign-hannover
Support Team
Support Team posted this 5 days ago

Hello,

At the moment Joomla 4 cannot be used in Themler desktop. You will need to install the theme on a hosted website or on some localhost with Joomla 4.

Sincerely,
Nettie

Hello, At the moment Joomla 4 cannot be used in Themler desktop. You will need to install the theme on a hosted website or on some localhost with Joomla 4. Sincerely, Nettie
ddobi
2 Posts
ddobi posted this 5 days ago

Hello,
Is it possible to download this template with "Import from a Zip file ..." and modify whis the Thempler desktop editor?

Thank you

Hello, Is it possible to download this template with "Import from a Zip file ..." and modify whis the Thempler desktop editor? Thank you
Support Team
Support Team posted this 2 weeks ago

Hello,

This is Beta version and of course the improvements are to be done, then there will be more updates. We investigate each reported issue.

Sincerely,
Nettie

Hello, This is Beta version and of course the improvements are to be done, then there will be more updates. We investigate each reported issue. Sincerely, Nettie
matrix630307
118 Posts
matrix630307 posted this 2 weeks ago

Hi
Is this Beta the last version from themler or you working on stable version??
At this time, with the beta is not working right - too many bugs. Error 404 and no chance to work with the template. See my
first post finding Bugs:
https://answers.themler.io/questions/212933/themler-j4-error-404-after-copy-j4-with-template
https://answers.themler.io/questions/212932/themler-j4-sidebar-not-work-proper
https://answers.themler.io/questions/212931/themler-j4-blog-layout-not-active-from-joomla-4
https://answers.themler.io/questions/212930/themler-j4-footer-not-to-bottom
https://answers.themler.io/questions/212768/themler-joomla-4-beta-menu-or-hmenu

Hi Is this Beta the last version from themler or you working on stable version?? At this time, with the beta is not working right - too many bugs. Error 404 and no chance to work with the template. See my first post finding Bugs: https://answers.themler.io/questions/212933/themler-j4-error-404-after-copy-j4-with-template https://answers.themler.io/questions/212932/themler-j4-sidebar-not-work-proper https://answers.themler.io/questions/212931/themler-j4-blog-layout-not-active-from-joomla-4 https://answers.themler.io/questions/212930/themler-j4-footer-not-to-bottom https://answers.themler.io/questions/212768/themler-joomla-4-beta-menu-or-hmenu
pdg.design
182 Posts
pdg.design posted this 2 weeks ago

So.. We are need to find way for to do next step and to think, that to do with Joomla 3 sites. I work with themler many years and have more when 100 sites. That I need to do? Themler team, please answer here. Nice page have a bugs, I tried to build joomla 4 site and get few errors. Tickets was opened in Nicepage forum.
Thank you.

So.. We are need to find way for to do next step and to think, that to do with Joomla 3 sites. I work with themler many years and have more when 100 sites. That I need to do? Themler team, please answer here. Nice page have a bugs, I tried to build joomla 4 site and get few errors. Tickets was opened in Nicepage forum. Thank you.
GT-WebDesign
33 Posts
GT-WebDesign posted this 2 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates.
However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes):
- organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip
- there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling

Sincerely,
Nettie

It's a shame this conclusion after such a long time after introduction of Joomla 4 betta.
You lost ours and others confident and will never come back to your products Themler or Nicepage.

By Themler

> Hello, > > Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates. > However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes): > - organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip > - there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling > > Sincerely, > Nettie It's a shame this conclusion after such a long time after introduction of Joomla 4 betta. You lost ours and others confident and will never come back to your products Themler or Nicepage. By Themler
Vitaliy WD
444 Posts
Vitaliy WD posted this 2 weeks ago

That's all - for me too! I wish you all the best and say goodby here
by themler. That was it....

Yep. This day came. Joining and wish good luck to team. Themler was revolutionary product at one time. Now it's time to move forward. I want to say thank you to developers and especially to support team... they helped many times since Artiseer.

Hello,

Sorry to hear this indeed. We see your point. However we are not sure
if another software for creating themes can manage conversion between
these two Joomla versions, because it will be similar to converting
themes from one CMS to another CMS....

Sincerely, Nettie

Well... I know many software that can do it, but can't name it here due to your strange Policy.

Here is a proof (quotes where I delete software name regarding to your policy... that no democratic BTW :) )

[software_name] #1 - Quote from Blog

Finally, the new major version of Joomla is here. Joomla 4 has been completely redesigned, rethought and of course supplemented with new features. Making [software_name] ready for Joomla 4 was more of a long term task. Since its first beta releases we started adjusting different parts of [software_name] to make the final implementation as smooth as possible. And today with [software_name] you can upgrade to Joomla 4 with just a click. Everything in [software_name] will work like a charm.

Added on September 9, 2021

...

[software_name] #2 - Quote from Blog

Finally, Joomla 4 is available for download and update. Already thinking about upgrading your sites to Joomla 4? And look for how to update to Joomla 4? This tip is exactly for you! We will show that the upgrade process with installed [software_name] is safe and easy. Enjoy the new features of Joomla 4 today!

Before we start, we want to note that the latest versions of [software_name] are compatible with Joomla 4.

Added on 20 August 2021

...

I can add more software names here... but no reason to do this as I can't name it regarding to your policy. And please note. that other companies make possible to upgrade their software from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 on August / September...

> That's all - for me too! I wish you all the best and say goodby here > by themler. That was it.... Yep. This day came. Joining and wish good luck to team. Themler was revolutionary product at one time. Now it's time to move forward. I want to say thank you to developers and especially to support team... they helped many times since Artiseer. > Hello, > > Sorry to hear this indeed. We see your point. However we are not sure > if another software for creating themes can manage conversion between > these two Joomla versions, because it will be similar to converting > themes from one CMS to another CMS.... > > Sincerely, Nettie Well... I know many software that can do it, but can't name it here due to your strange Policy. Here is a proof (quotes where I delete software name regarding to your policy... that no democratic BTW :) ) **[software_name] #1 - Quote from Blog** Finally, the new major version of Joomla is here. Joomla 4 has been completely redesigned, rethought and of course supplemented with new features. Making [software_name] ready for Joomla 4 was more of a long term task. Since its first beta releases we started adjusting different parts of [software_name] to make the final implementation as smooth as possible. **And today with [software_name] you can upgrade to Joomla 4 with just a click. Everything in [software_name] will work like a charm.** *Added on September 9, 2021* ... **[software_name] #2 - Quote from Blog** Finally, Joomla 4 is available for download and update. Already thinking about upgrading your sites to Joomla 4? And look for how to update to Joomla 4? This tip is exactly for you! **We will show that the upgrade process with installed [software_name] is safe and easy.** Enjoy the new features of Joomla 4 today! Before we start, we want to note that the latest versions of [software_name] are compatible with Joomla 4. *Added on 20 August 2021* ... I can add more software names here... but no reason to do this as I can't name it regarding to your policy. And please note. that other companies make possible to upgrade their software from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 on August / September...
Support Team
Support Team posted this 2 weeks ago

Hello,

Sorry to hear this indeed. We see your point. However we are not sure if another software for creating themes can manage conversion between these two Joomla versions, because it will be similar to converting themes from one CMS to another CMS. We hope that you will consider creating new themes in Joomla 4. Currently we are working at finetuning the existing version to make it Stable and hoping you will enjoy it.

Sincerely,
Nettie

Hello, Sorry to hear this indeed. We see your point. However we are not sure if another software for creating themes can manage conversion between these two Joomla versions, because it will be similar to converting themes from one CMS to another CMS. We hope that you will consider creating new themes in Joomla 4. Currently we are working at finetuning the existing version to make it Stable and hoping you will enjoy it. Sincerely, Nettie
matrix630307
118 Posts
matrix630307 posted this 2 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates.
However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes):
- organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip
- there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling

Sincerely,
Nettie

Hello,

Yes actually it would be too expensive for you to develop the automatic feature so we have to do it by hand.

I’d be willing to do this by hand if there were any evolutionary prospects for Themler in the future, but we all understood that you’ll leave him to be abandoned.

I will keep Themler in a state of emergency and in transition, but I will have to find another sustainable solution.

That’s too bad. I don’t know how you can fall asleep at night! I couldn’t! Your business model and your relationship with humans remain a mystery to me.

Thank you for all the work you’ve done.

Nice day.

Sincerely,

Pierre

That's all - for me too!
I wish you all the best and say goodby here by themler. That was it....

> > Hello, > > > > Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates. > > However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes): > > - organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip > > - there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling > > > > Sincerely, > > Nettie > > Hello, > > Yes actually it would be too expensive for you to develop the automatic feature so we have to do it by hand. > > I’d be willing to do this by hand if there were any evolutionary prospects for Themler in the future, but we all understood that you’ll leave him to be abandoned. > > I will keep Themler in a state of emergency and in transition, but I will have to find another sustainable solution. > > That’s too bad. I don’t know how you can fall asleep at night! I couldn’t! Your business model and your relationship with humans remain a mystery to me. > > Thank you for all the work you’ve done. > > Nice day. > > Sincerely, > > Pierre That's all - for me too! I wish you all the best and say goodby here by themler. That was it....

Last edited 2 weeks ago by matrix630307

Pierre665
16 Posts
Pierre665 posted this 2 weeks ago

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates.
However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes):
- organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip
- there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling

Sincerely,
Nettie

Hello,

Yes actually it would be too expensive for you to develop the automatic feature so we have to do it by hand.

I’d be willing to do this by hand if there were any evolutionary prospects for Themler in the future, but we all understood that you’ll leave him to be abandoned.

I will keep Themler in a state of emergency and in transition, but I will have to find another sustainable solution.

That’s too bad. I don’t know how you can fall asleep at night! I couldn’t! Your business model and your relationship with humans remain a mystery to me.

Thank you for all the work you’ve done.

Nice day.

Sincerely,

Pierre

> Hello, > > Thank you all for your feedback. However at this point we are sorry for not bringing good news for you. Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 themes are different in such extent that it can be said as if they were different CMS from the code point of view. So unfortunately, conversion of existing themes from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 is not possible and not expected in future updates. > However here are possible ways to make creating themes easier (if they are made to re-create old themes): > - organize controls in Sections and use Export as Zip option in the Section tab, then import them in a new theme using Import as Zip > - there are Export / Import options available in the Posts tab to transfer Posts layout and styling > > Sincerely, > Nettie Hello, Yes actually it would be too expensive for you to develop the automatic feature so we have to do it by hand. I’d be willing to do this by hand if there were any evolutionary prospects for Themler in the future, but we all understood that you’ll leave him to be abandoned. I will keep Themler in a state of emergency and in transition, but I will have to find another sustainable solution. That’s too bad. I don’t know how you can fall asleep at night! I couldn’t! Your business model and your relationship with humans remain a mystery to me. Thank you for all the work you’ve done. Nice day. Sincerely, Pierre
pdg.design
182 Posts
pdg.design posted this 2 weeks ago

Its a finish...

Its a finish...
You must log in or register to leave comments