Currently only DNN 7.x version is supported.
Unlike other exports like Joomla and WP, Themler for DNN does not work with real DNN content, but uses dummy content. In works similar to Artisteer 3.x (before Content Editor).
And unlike Artisteer 4.x Themler does not export content.
Currently you can work with DNN themes in Themler Desktop only.
Theme editing is not available for your local/hosted CMS.
In short, here is the workflow:
- Download and install Themler Desktop.
- Style the theme in Themler.
- Export theme as ZIP without Themler:
- Install theme in DNN.
- theme Settings (author, URL, etc.) do not go to the exported theme;
- no skin thumbnails.
Issues that will be fixed in the next Themler update:
- issues with Search control;
- problems with display of admin pages;
- controls inside Sidebars are not exported with theme;
- The next Themler update will include position controls. You will be able to add DNN place to any place on the page.
- Vertical Menu
- Top Menu (Login, User, Messages, Notifications)
- Language selector
- DNN Module Container improvements (name field, etc)